What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are generally used to make websites work, to keep track of your movements within the website, to remember your login details, and so on.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are placed by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookiesstay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
More information on all aspects of cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that Execavenue has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
- distinguish between users;
- improve the use and the functionality of our website;
- tailor our website and products to your needs and preferences; and
- analyse how our website is used and compile anonymous and aggregate statistics.
We do not use the collected information to create user profiles.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Execavenue as first party: data about how visitors arrive at our site; data about any errors that occur on our site during a visit, so we can troubleshoot; ID data to distinguish visitors from each other; ID data to determine whether a user is logged in, and if so, to customize the user experience accordingly.
- Google: non-personally identifying data about web site usage statistics; ID data to limit bandwidth impact when you use our site; ID data to distinguish visitors from each other; ID data to remember what language each visitor prefers our web pages be translated into, if any; advertising data to link visitors across devices, show relevant ads, avoid duplicate ads, and connect sales to ads.
- Social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube: advertising data to link visitors across devices, show relevant ads, avoid duplicate ads, and connect sales to ads.
- Partners such as AESC and BlueSteps: data about how visitors arrive at our site; data about any errors that occur on our site during a visit, so we can troubleshoot; data about the country each visitor selects at registration; ID data to distinguish visitors from each other; ID data to determine whether a user is logged in, and if so, to customize the user experience accordingly.
In addition, we may also use web beacons (or clear GIFs) and other similar technologies in addition to, or in combination with, cookies. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site or in an email and it helps us to understand the behaviour of visitors of our website. More information on web beacons can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/. Please note that Execavenue has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
How can you control cookies and web beacons?
Most internet browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Depending on your browser, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them. Please refer to the ‘help’ button (or similar) on your browser to learn more about how you can do this.
Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our website, and may mean that you cannot access some portions of our website, or receive some services.
If you use different devices to access our website, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
More information on how to manage cookies is available from: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
In addition, you may opt-out from cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company cookies you would like to opt-out from: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Please note that Execavenue has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third party websites.
Last update : 10/01/2020